We ask for these details so we can contact you in case there's a problem with your order. In about one order in 50, for example, there's a delivery problem and we need to contact the customer to resolve it.
We also email customers special Boden offers and information. For example, if we have your email address, we can alert you to our Internet Sale before the catalogues turn up so you can be at the front of the queue.
We do not make email addresses or telephone numbers available to other companies ever. (We do sometimes make postal addresses available to companies we think our customers might be interested in, but if you do not want this service please give us a call and we'll make sure that you do not receive any such mailings.)
All Boden online purchases take place in a safe environment using the latest security technology to protect our customers.
We encrypt your credit card information to ensure your transactions with us are private and protected as they travel over the Internet. We accept orders only from web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology - this means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection. Most web browsers above version three support this security.
Your payment details are held in an encrypted format until we process your order. All orders are processed on computers that are not connected to the Internet.
This encryption makes it virtually impossible for unauthorised parties to read any information that you send us.
The encryption technique we use is the highest standard available for e-commerce and certified by VeriSign, the world's most respected certification body for Internet firms.
If you have questions regarding our credit card security policies, please call us on 1-866-206-9508.
If you are still not convinced about the safety of shopping online, but would like to enjoy the quality of Boden clothing, please call us on the number above and place your order over the phone. We are open 8am-11pm ET.
To help us give you the best service, we also keep records of:
- Your purchases with us. This lets us send you the most relevant offers. It also means we can quickly deal with any problems you may experience with your order.
- Any email correspondence you send us. This helps us keep track any problems or concerns you've had with our products or services.
- Incoming calls. This is so we maintain the highest standards of customer service and aids with the training of new staff.
All the information we collect via our website or through correspondence with you is used to operate and improve the service we offer you. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
- Dealing with orders and accounts for the supply of our goods and services
- Planning and managing Boden business activities, including analysing customers' shopping habits and preferences
- Providing you with information about the products and services we offer
- Letting you know about offers from other companies, but only with your permission
- Assessing your request for delivery of goods and services from us where we may make enquiries about you including searching your records held by organisations like Equifax and credit reference agencies. At all times where we use or disclose your information it will remain secure.
We will never pass on your email address on to a third party for marketing purposes. We will however send you details of offers from other companies that we think may interest you, but only with your permission. If you would like to receive such offers please email email@example.com
We also never pass on credit card details to anyone, because that would just be crazy.
There are only four circumstances where we may share some of your data with others:
- With agents (including credit reference agencies, credit card clearing agencies (Barclays Merchant Services in UK and Payment Tech in USA), fraud prevention and detection agencies) that we use to process the orders you place with us or who assist us in the service we provide to you. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function
- In the unlikely event that our business assets are ever sold to or purchased by another company. (Our data records are part of our business).
- To outside research companies whom we may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our products and services (in which case we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function).
- We do occasionally make names and addresses (but never email addresses) available to companies whose products we think may interest you, unless you have told us not to. If you do not wish to receive such offers please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your account number, which can be found above your address on you latest catalogue.
Cookies are small text files that websites can send to your computer. A cookie can be thought of as an Internet user's identification card. They tell websites when the user returns and allows the site to bring up information relevant to that user, for example your name, past orders etc.
Cookies are not computer programs, and can't read other information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user's email address etc. They only contain and transfer to the website as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to that website.
The European Union Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications (the "Directive"), which came into force on 31st July 2002, recognises that cookies are a "legitimate and useful tool" for many activities, including verifying the identity of website users. The Directive makes it compulsory for websites to inform users if cookies are being used (which is exactly what we are doing here), and to provide some information on how cookies are used. You can find more information on this subject at www.aboutcookies.org.
Lastly, the Directive places an obligation on websites to make users aware that they can set their computers to reject cookies. You will find the instructions on how to do this at www.aboutcookies.org.
However, you should be aware that the Boden website (in common with most other shopping web sites) will not work without cookies.
The Internet is a global network - therefore there are cases where your data travels internationally, which may include places outside the European Union. We want you to know that if you visit or shop with Boden, you're agreeing and authorising us to process data in this way.
To see all the information we have about you, and to correct any inaccuracies, please write to:
The Data Protection Officer
JP Boden & Co Ltd.
114-120 Victoria Road
Here's the email addresses to write to if you don't want to receive information from us:
- If you do not wish to receive offers in the post from companies whose products we think may interest you, please email email@example.com
- If you do not wish to receive any further email messages from us, (and I quite understand if you don't, but remember that if you unsubscribe we will not be able to send you Sale details before anyone else) please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you do not wish to be contacted by Boden at all, please email email@example.com
Under California law (the Californian Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)), customers of Bodenusa.com who are residents of California have certain rights regarding their personal information. Further information about your rights under the CCPA, please see our privacy notice.
Internet shopping is becoming more and more popular and the overwhelming majority of transactions are quick, easy and trouble-free. We do everything we can to ensure your shopping experience is as safe and secure as possible.
However, there are a number of additional precautions you can take to increase security:
- We recommend you always close down your Internet browser when you have finished shopping online, especially if you use a shared PC. This will delete temporary Internet cookies from any sites you may have visited
- Never reveal your password to others
- Keep your password as unique as possible and try not to choose obvious passwords, such as your name, partner's name, or other personal information which could be easily obtained by a third party
- Avoid using the same password for numerous Internet sites.
Please note, Boden will NEVER ask for personal details via email. If you do receive an email requesting this information, please contact our Customer Service team immediately.