Reducing our environmental impact
Responsible sourcing and packaging
As far as fabrics go, these are our key goals:
Animal Welfare Statement
Boden believes that all animals should be treated humanely and that any animal-derived product used in our clothing should be sourced from animals accorded high standards of animal welfare. Our suppliers must ensure that industry-recognised, best-practice standards are in place in their supply chain to ensure animal welfare is safeguarded at all times. Read our full animal welfare statement below.
- No Boden products have contained angora since 2011
- No Boden products have used natural shell products since 2010
- No Boden products are sourced from endangered species listed in CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species)
- No Boden products use real fur
- Boden does not use any animal product obtained by live skinning boiling or plucking
- Leathers must only be a bi-product of the food industry, no animal should be slaughtered for its skin. Boden requires humane slaughter with high animal husbandry in accordance with the animal welfare standards set by the OIE in their Animal Health Codes.
- No Boden products use Astrakhan/Karakul or any other leather/skin products which are the product of unnatural abortions.
- Animals should not be harmed during farming or collection of hair, this includes: wool, cashmere, alpaca and yak.
- Boden’s cashmere comes from known farms, these are visited regularly by our cashmere supplier who follows SFA (Sustainable Fibre Alliance) and CCMI (Cashmere and Camel Hair Manufacturers Institute) guidelines for animal husbandry, farmer welfare and environment protection.
- Our plan is to have majority non mulsed Wool by 2020
- Boden will no longer use down and feathers from mid 2020