Search the site
Women's Size Charts
To help you choose the best size, please use the size guidelines below. If you have any questions about the sizes of clothes, please call our Customer Service Department on 0844 873 0000.
How to Measure guidelines
- Taming your tape measure: We want your clothes to feel comfortable, so no need to pull your tape measure too tight. It’s often easier for someone else to get the tape measure in the right place, so try measuring with a friend.
- Bust: Measure under your arms, across the fullest part of your bust.
- Waist: Measure your natural waistline (find it by tipping to the side like a teapot).
- Hip: Measure around the fullest part of your bottom at the top of your leg.
Waist position guide:
When working out which size to order, always measure
your natural waist. All our skirts are designed to fit the natural waist unless
otherwise stated. Trousers will be described in one of the following two ways:
- Natural waist,
- Below natural waist – which means about 4.5cm (1½ inches) below your natural waist.
PETITE SIZING: We haven't just trimmed a bit off the hem. We've proportionately shortened through the garment.
- Bust, waist and hip: measurements remain unchanged
- Neck to bust point or waist: shorter by about 1"/2.5cm
- Overarms: shorter by up to 1½/4cm on a full length sleeve
- Trousers: rise height shortened and knee position proportionately adjusted. Inseam length shortened 2”/ 5cm
- Shorts: rise height shortened. Overall length shortened 1”/2.5cm
And we've cleverly tweaked features to make sure everything feels in proportion. For example neck depths, zip lengths, collar and applique sizes.
|We recommend||Petite (P) Available in selected styles & sizes||Regular (R)||Long (L)|
|Skirts & Dresses
length from waist
|2"/5cm shorter||–||3"/7.5cm longer|
|As a guide the hem length descriptions of our skirts and dresses are based on where we expect the Regular hem to fall on someone who is 5'5"/165cm, Long length on someone 5'8"/178cm tall, and Petite on someone 5'2"/157cm. The length you choose will depend on your height and whether you want to wear flats or heels.|
|Bust: cm||up to 82||82-86||87-90||91-94||95-99||100-104||105-110||111-116||117-123|
|Chest "||up to 32||32-33½||34-35½||36-37||37½-39||39½-41||41½-43||43½-45½||46-48|
|Waist cm||up to 64||64-68||69-72||73-76||77-81||82-87||88-93||94-99||100-105|
|Waist "||up to 25||25-26½||27-28||28½-30||30½-32||32½-34||34½-36½||37-39||39½-41½|
|Hip cm||up to 85||85-89||90-94||95-99||100-104||105-110||111-116||117-122||123-128|
|Hip "||up to 33½||33½-35||35½-37||37½-39||39½-41||41½-43||43½-45½||46-48||48½-50½|
|1st Hole "||26||33||36||40||44½|
|1st Hole cm||65||82||90.5||100.5||111.5|
|Last Hole "||33||39||42||46||50½|
|Last Hole cm||82.5||97||105.5||115.5||126.5|
|Swimwear - Cup size measurements|
|Recommended bra size||32A||34A||32C/34B||34C/36B||34D/36C||36D|
- Colour fastness: The dying process used in indigo, denim and pigment-dyed styles may cause garments to shed colour while being worn, so they should be washed separately before wearing. White or light-coloured garments and upholstery are particularly vulnerable. Boden cannot accept any liability if you don’t comply with these instructions.